WordPress is an open source, content management system (CMS) that we use to power many of our own sites in the upthejunction.com portfolio (including this one) and by others publishing many millions more worldwide. As a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability – WordPress by default helps with the search engine optimisation of your site. If you are considering setting up a new site or revamping an existing one, we suggest that you consider using WordPress as your publishing tool of choice.
As WordPress is open source, it’s free and there’s nothing to stop you starting with it today. But if you find it all just a little daunting and need some help then we’d like to help you. We can help you with things like:
- registering your domain name
- picking a suitable web hosting package
- setting up email – we prefer Google Apps
- picking a suitable theme from the thousands available (many are free)
- installing WordPress plugins for things like contact forms and spam filters
Our fees are reasonable and we won’t confuse you with technical jargon and geek-speak. So please do get in touch today.